Here Are Some First Visit Tips
- Take your child for a “preview” or online tour of the office.
- Read books with them about going to the dentist.
- Review with them what the dentist will be doing at the time of the first visit.
- Speak positively about your own dental experiences.
- Never use procedures the dentist may do as a threat to your child.
During your child’s first visit the dentist will:
- Examine your child’s mouth, teeth and gums.
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking.
- Check to see if your child needs fluoride.
- Teach you about cleaning your child’s teeth and gums.
- Suggest a schedule for regular dental visits.