At Home Bleaching Kit Instructions
Home Whitening with Opalescence Instructions
- Brush and floss teeth before inserting tray
- Load a small bead of gel into each tooth on the clear tray.
- Place the tray(s) over your teeth. Lightly press them fully over the teeth into position. Some excess gel will squeeze out of the trays
- Remove excess gel with clean finger or soft toothbrush. Do not swallow rinsed gel
- Wear Opalescence 10% or 15 % for at least 60 minutes each day. Trays may be worn overnight. Some sensitivity when first using bleach is normal; teeth will return to normal after a few days. If teeth are extremely sensitive or uncomfortable, discontinue and contact our office.
- After use, clean tray with soft brush and cool tap water only
- Store tray in case provided or Ziploc bag
- Do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour after whitening. Do not brush or rinse for 1 hour for best results.
- Continue this process daily for 2 weeks or until you run out of gel
- Pregnant women should not whiten teeth
- Do not use tobacco products or eat or drink while whitening
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gum line. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- Crowns, bridges, partial dentures, veneers and composite fillings will not whiten
- Coffee, tobacco and other products can re-stain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth can be re-whitened within a few nights using Opalescence